Thursday, January 07, 2010

The Crossover



It has been aLmost four days since my return from the hoLiday trip to Cambodia and Vietnam. However, I am stiLL trying to drag myseLf back into the reaLity of a Singaporean Life.


Like many others, this trip sure has given me Lots of good memories, and to be abLe to meet and communicate with the LocaLs are definiteLy most interesting.

Looking back at the time when we crossed the borders to Vietnam, there I was thinking how much I wiLL miss Cambodia. LittLe do I reaLise that Ho Chi Minh has given me more reasons to keep it at the back of my mind for a very Long time to come.

From the roadside hawker to the tour agency Lady, from the souvenir saLes girLs to the masseuse, each and everyone has been reaLLy great towards us as foreigners. To them, Life goes on after us, but for us, a part of each of them are Left with us.

The aromatic Vietnamese coffee and the deLicious Pho beef noodLes are some things that my tongue stiLL yearns to taste. In the past, my dream to traveL every country once is supposed to gonna be more than enough, but for Vietnam, I feeL that I have not seen enough and therefore, its gonna be an exception that I wiLL definiteLy be going back again every once a whiLe.

Boheng, a seasoned traveLer to Vietnam and our friend, toLd me before that Viet peopLe are aLL very friendLy and warm and simpLe.

With the concLusion of the trip, I must totaLLy agree.

More photos can be found on Facebook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Long said...

Thanks for ur kind words, in fact, I think my EngLish has gone down a way bit.

Do Let me know who u r wherever possibLe coz one thing I reaLLy hate is curiousity unsoLved.

Cheers!