Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Standing at the Crossroad

At dawn, I had to go down for NationaL Service medicaL checkup. It is not the first time .. but this time round, I had a terribLe diLemma ..

For Laymen, the medicaL checkup is required to gauge your LeveL of medicaL fitness for NationaL Service. PeopLe with medicaL history wiLL not be Liable for "honourabLe" units Like Commando or Diver or Guards or Air Force.

Sitting by the registration counter, I had to decide whether to decLare my wrist fractured before. I had an easier decision six months back, for I knew the path on the crossroad that I wouLd take. Itz different now .. I have a different route, a different choice and a different Life to Lead. For once furthering of studies is on my mind.

Do I decLare and spend the next two years sitting in an office? Then I can study part time. Or do I not decLare and I head to the battLefieLds with a choice of signing on in the poLice .. providing me with more financiaL stabiLity?

Never have things been as tough to decide as now ..

WeLL, things were so much simpLier for me .. in the past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »