Friday, March 24, 2006

The Starfish Story

Jumped upon a postcard with the Starfish Story. Here goes ..


As the oLd man waLked the beach at dawn, he noticed a boy ahead of him picking up starfish and fLinging into the sea.

FinaLLy catching up with the boy, he asked why he was doing this. The answer was that the stranded starfish wouLd die if Left untiL the morning sun.

"But the beach goes for miLes and there are miLLions of starfish," said the oLd man. "How can your effort make any difference?"

The boy Looked at the starfish in his hand and then threw it safeLy into the waves. "It makes a difference to this one," he said.


.. man, when did I become such a Learnt one?


Days back, was at CMPB a.k.a Army caLL-up centre. Saw the good oLd faces that I've seen a few times throughout my visits there. Met the doctor, he said my case was rare - peopLe go to him to downgrade whiLe I appeaL to be upgraded for combat units.

No, I'm not crazy .. I cant Live on $350 per month working in an army office for two fucked up years.

WeLL, aLL thanks to my fucked up hand.

Tomorrow to visit another doctor in the hospitaL. Hope a miracLe happens ..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »