Sunday, May 07, 2006

GeneraL ELections 2006

Woke up earLy and went down to the nearby schooL to cast my vote for the much taLkabout constituency of ALjunied. First time voting and of course there is quite a bit of hoo-ha over everything man.

The process took me haLf an hour. Queue, take poLL card and LastLy cast my vote for either the ruLing PAP or the opposition Workers' Party. As I opened the poLL card, I became indecisive. Yes, mayB one vote cannot infLuence anything, but it sure add up into the taLLy. Thus, I chose watz best for my neighbourhood peeps ..

Headed straight to work and it wasnt as good a day as I expect it wouLd be. First day being twenty-two, and I had to bear getting fucked by the store supervisor, Mr. Zaabah. If onLy EiLeen was working instead ..

Work is so simiLar to being in the poLitics. You say the wrong thing and datz it. But I dun see what I have said wrong, if that particuLar store-in-charge dun Like to Listen then I shaLL not say to him anymore. But the adidas system has not been any good, not anymore. No more eating in store .. no nothing. WeLfare is not a word found in the adidas management, but the big word, SALES.

A new program coming up, and I have to say it wiLL never be a good motivation for adidas in cuLtivating good teamwork. But weLL, wat can I do? After aLL, I am juz a part-timer.

At the end of the day, on my way home on the bus, I was aLL anticipating the resuLts of the ELections. It was tense, or just me, that when the bus reached Serangoon Stadium I juz aLighted and headed there.

On entering, the sea of whites that surrounded the stadium, aLL eyes were on me, the onLy one in yeLLow and then I reaLised .. god damn shit, this is the PAP's camp!

And so I took out my digitaL camera and with my backpack, I thought I did weLL to pose Like a camera man for some media company. At Least, it made me feeL safer.

So I waLked around the stadium, foLLowed the media made up of reporters and juz snap and snap as the resuLts were announced. It must have been deLiberate to Leave the resuLts of the hot spots Like Potong Pasir, Hougang, Ang Mo Kio and ALjunied right at the back so that it wiLL Look Like a movie with a spectacuLar ending at cLimax.

With due respect to the opposition parties, it is a good thing that PAP has won the majority ParLiament seats and constituencies. NevertheLess the wins of opposition sides in Hougang and Potong Pasir have aLso sent out a signaL to the PAP that they are never perfect, bring them down-to-earth. It was aLso something to see that aLmost 50,000 residents voted for the opposition in Ang Mo Kio, the Prime Minister's constituency! That, foLLowing his remarks that the opposition have a zero chance of winning. WeLL, that shouLd make him sweat a LittLe, or pee-poo in his pants. Be gLad, he did not have to Lose the eLections pants down.

I saLute the Hougang and Potong Pasir peopLe for defying the intense pressure to carry on supporting the opposition. They forsake opportunities such as upgradings and faciLities to come as one in their persistence against the PAP .. and to the two opposition Leaders, Mr. Low Kia Hiang and Mr. Chiam See Tong, kudos ..

At the end of the day, the poser reporter, got back home with a priceLess experience on his first day of his twenty-two years in Life.


.. come to think of it, there were so many votes unaccounted for, mostLy void or cLassified nuLL. And then I remembered .. I ticked in the box ......