Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Paris

At aLL times in our Singaporean minds, Paris is a beautifuL city .. The EiffeL Tower .. Notre Damm Church .. The Arc .. Champs-ELysee .. Luis Vuitton .. romantic evenings ..

Yes. everything that you have imagined, are true for they are what I have seen, but not wat I have experienced.

When I came back, I toLd Mummy Khing, that Paris ain as beautifuL as we aLL can imagine, so dirty, fuLL of shit (its true). PeopLe pee on streets in broad dayLight, dogs can poo at any corner except on grass patches and damn dry, dusty air. On any freezing Late night, standing by a corner on the street whiLe waiting for ur frenz to come back from pubbing, you are deemed as a suspected drug addict. You get fuLL bodychecked by the patroLLing LocaL poLice who confidentLy thought they are gonna find something, ended up finding no drugs but some EiffeL Tower keychains, and Last but not Least getting accused of being the seLLer of the keychains. Man, I may be yeLLow-skinned, but I am not any desperate for money or drugs.

They have got it aLL wrong, compLeteLy and totaLLy.

That night, my worst night in Life I swear. I have never been as humiLiated as before. If they think the coLd wasnt enough, I thank them for giving me so much to make history in a chapter of my Life.

Fucking French cops.

Maybe I am not in the right pLace at aLL. Paris ain the pLace for Lone rangers.

Mummy Khing said, "The beauty of Paris can onLy been seen through the eyes of the Love one .."

Nuff said.

But my week in Paris ain spoiLed by juz one night. I enjoyed pLaying footbaLL with the French men; they are good, passionate peopLe. I joined a group of boys near EiffeL Tower that day and it was interesting to see more peopLe joining as evening arrives, kids of five or six years, peopLe who kuz knocked off from work, juz finished Lessons and they came to pLay, juz to pLay.

FootbaLL, became the common Language.

One asked if I am BraziLian. I said no, Im from Singapore and I cud see a question mark as high as EiffeL Tower Looming above his head. WeLL, no French wiLL know where Singapore is unLess it was by accident they had to use magnifying gLass for Geography Lesson. Either that, or they have very good generaL knowLedge.

Paris evenings ain that speciaL, juz normaL. You see coupLes spending quaLity time together .. you see big groups of frenz coming together catching up with one another .. you see a very beautifuL sky which you cannot see anywhere eLse in Singapore .. but, you feeL juz Like a video recorder. Itz aLL but recorded inside my head.



to be continued ..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tt's y u shld hv gone drinkin with us instead of the eiffel tower tt night man... can always go to the eiffel tower some other time.. shiet...
n one big mistake we made was not going to disneyland.. my cousin said it's damn nice siarz... oh ya.. he also said he couldnt find the arsenal-barca t-shirts for us... shiet..

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »