Monday, January 29, 2007

E.O.T

For soLdiers Like us who go overseas, there is one and onLy term that is most taLked about - E.O.T, aka End-of-Tour or if you Like "Enough of Taiwan" ..

Tomorrow morning, 10 a.m, a good guy, First Sergeant Stephen Chau, ends his tour. He, Like everyone, has seen one fuLL batch of changes. For me, he is onLy the first. The 365-day journey is crueL, you wiLL see everyone Leave before eventuaLLy, your turn comes.

But again, they say who cares about eternity, itz the moments that count.

Tonight we ceLebrated ; my arrivaL, and his departure. Booze, food and water spLashing aLL around in the 13 degree ceLcius weather. Drenched in the freezing coLd, it reminded me of the onLy other unbearabLe coLd nightmare in Paris Last May.

Now I wiLL joLLy spend my "Long Life" bidding goodbye to peopLe one by one, untiL mine comes to an end and the younger ones do the same for me ..

No comments: