Tuesday, February 27, 2007

..

Two days back, on Friendster, I received a surprise friend request from EiLeen, a store manager during my good oLd days in adidas* ..

For those who know me weLL, you wouLd know it was the perfect job for myseLf, having been a foLLower of this renown brand for ages. That period of time working with those wonderfuL peeps was, by far, the most enjoyabLe moment in my Life. EiLeen was one of those of whom I had a great reLationship with as a coLLeague, sister and at times Like a mother because in retaiLing, u spend more time in the store than at home.

Anyways it was a LittLe gLoomy to hear that she is resigning to pursue a new chaLLenge eLsewhere out of the Tiny Red Dot ; first to Dubai, then to MeLbourne. On the other hand, I shouLd be happy for her, aLthough it makes returning to adidas for me in a year Less probabLe now, with more famiLiar faces gone.

As NeLLy Furtado sang " .. fLames to dust .. Lovers to frenz .. aLL good things come to end .." What in this worLd does not end? U juz gotta capture whatever opportunity is right in front of you that comes, and create wonderfuL moments as you Live it.

.. aLright I suddenLy got reminded about another incident @ Taipei Mac's .. weLL then, I shaLL name this post ..

Words Speak Louder Than Actions

One fine day we found ourseLves in the Daye Takashimaya of Taipei. Hunger struck me at some time near evening, but since we're heading to the famous ShiLin Night market in a matter of two hours, we decided to grab a bite at Macs. ALas, aLL the seats were taken up .. and then we had to wait tiL someone Leaves ..

Minutes passed .. it was then I spotted a coupLe finishing their Last sip of drink and picking up their shopping bags. As swift as a cobra .. I doubLed my steps across, with eyes fixed on the seat. SuddenLy a voice came 45-degrees to my Left rear .. "Ehh! There's a tabLe over there!"

.. in a spLit second I changed my direction and stood by one side, pretending to be stiLL Looking around whiLe the Lady trottLed past me to the vacant tabLe, with her young son and husband foLLowing right behind.

What say you about my titLe? Make sense ain it?

It took us another 15 minutes before finaLLy settLing down our weary feet.

No comments: