Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Run Your Own Race 07.12.2008

CompLeted the marathon in record time - about 7 hours. Okie that is crap timing. But as the theme says it, you run ur own race. And so I did.

Met secondary schooLmates RongChuan and Weichong with their friend OMY and thus, waLked haLf the marathon to the Finish Line with them, chatting much throughout, and not forgetting enjoying the food and drinks aLong the journey, fuLLy sponsored. We had bananas, energy geL packets, 100-pLus and mineraL water.

This time, there wasnt much pride, coz I did not push myseLf hard. But at Least the marathon was compLeted.

SadLy, had to rush down to work in a shacked-out fashion. For the next haLf of the day I sat in front of my Community Club counter, Like a zombie.

HighLights aLong the run were:

1. The same Woman of SteeL dragging a huge tyre throughout 42.195km. To think I carried nothing and feLt so Lethargic. Shame, shame.

2. A MusLim eLderLy man who ran past me on the second haLf of the marathon. To think I am one-third his age. Shame, shame.

3. The team of Singapore women cLimbers of Everest, who carried haversacks and the team tied a rope to each other and pushed themseLves through. They overtook me whiLe I was waLking in the Last 15km. Shame, shame.

4. After so much, I came to a concLusion that the medaL that I have coLLected, is nothing but just a piece of metaL with a ribbon.

I need to be stronger up there.

No comments: