Saturday, October 31, 2009

A LittLe isLand caLLed TimeLess


Last Thursday, after a good dinner with the two girLs of whom I spent my 2007 Lunar New Year with back in Taiwan, I parted company from them and randomLy waLked to The Cathay.

It was aLready about 10 p.m but there are stiLL a few Last screenings to choose from - The Song of Sparrows, 500 Days of Summer and some other horrow movies. ALL of which I reaLLy do not have any cLue or idea what kind of genre the movies beLong to except for the horror ones which the titLes are pretty straightforward .. Like HaLLoween something and stuff.

With hesitation, I did not catch any movie that evening.

A week Later, on another Thursday, I did a LittLe research on the movies. And there was no doubt The Song of Sparrows wouLd end up my choice as it caught my eye with its synopsis.

I went back to Cathay and caught an afternoon screening. SureLy this Lived up to the awards it has won as a Foreign Language fiLm. I wouLd reaLLy recommend that you guys give it a try even as you may not understand a singLe word the movie speaks (its Iranian).

You wiLL be amazed as I am, with scenes of artistic touch, and as the critics cLaimed, it is 'deepLy humanistic'. One of the rare fiLms with a simpListic sense and one I enjoy a Lot.


Somehow as the worLd progresses with the aid of technoLogy, one wiLL think if it is aLL worthwhiLe to work so hard, forget who you are, Lose the human touch and sLowLy forgo your favourite past-time and simpLe things that can make you happy.


I guess you couLd be Like me, Looking out for an isLand caLLed TimeLess.


No comments: