Monday, June 12, 2006

DeutschLand

..

Leaving Paris was a screwed experience, too. I missed the fLight becoz I arrived five minutes Late. No compLaints about it coz I simpLy oversLept. Thus hung around in Paris city for another two days before I successfuLLy embarked into a new worLd - DeutschLand.

City where I arrived .. Stuttgart, and it was aLready aLmost midnight when I set foot on it. Yet another chaLLenging experience. To be aLone carry two Luggages wandering in an unknown Land speaking an unknown Language .. weLL I aLways have EngLish Language to survive on. It took me an hour to find my way out of the Stuttgart airport to the German raiL network and to the Youth hosteL. I can stiLL remember the receptionist that night - Mr. DarreL, a bLack American guy who moved to Germany 25 years before my arrivaL.

Mr. DarreL is a typicaL German, speaks simpLe EngLish, does routine stuff. But that night, he did something out of the German way. F.Y.I, Germans are very Law-abiding .. on roads even without cars, the peopLe wiLL stiLL wait for the fLashing Green Man. Take for exampLe, DaryL Marc who was totaLLy infLuenced by the German Life. I was aLready haLfway across the road and he is stiLL dreaming of the fLashing Green Man.

Man, wat more can I say but send my gratitute to him for aLLowing me to sLeep in a four-men bedroom on my own becoz the first room I went was occupied by snoozers who snoozed so Loud, I Left the room as soon as I opened it.

And so my first night in Stuttgart, sLeeping in a room aLL on my own. I couLd do everything so freeLy .. waLk naked, shower without having to shut the door and Leave my stuff aLL around .. juz for that night.

DaryL Marc wouLd be here in Stuttgart by evening to "visit" me from his town two hours trainride away the next day.



to be continued ..