Monday, December 18, 2006

Square Room

What's beautifuL, has to end. So is the ugLy.

So reLieved having been encLosed in a no man's area for two fuLL days. OnLy you, and the guards. We watched teLevision, movies, took naps. Night wasnt good, you fight against the coLd, the mosquitoes and LoneLiness. The guards have their own bunk, I have mine a buiLding away. Thank god the handphone was invented, it was my onLy companion before sLeep.

Thats how the confinement went.

Hours before that on Friday, there was yet another wonderfuL gathering. Preparations was by far no easy feat having LittLe aid from the many busy friends and my Leave on that particuLar day that was revoked. Everything was so Last minute aLL because of my innocent foLLy in army.

At the most difficuLt moment, you know, onLy ur famiLy couLd heLp you .. My Mom got the utensiLs ready, my Dad wouLd be driving everything, my uncLe wouLd cook some food .. LuckiLy there was Yongren and Zhanrong to handLe the check-in ..

However since everyone din come as earLy as expected (except for Tsz Lun), things went smooth. Then as time ticked, more peeps arrived. After food came the highLight ; the tradition of christmas gift exchange .. I guess that event made up for the cockups.

This was a day of surprise for many, as some thought was MY birthday .. some said was MY gathering .. and some beLieved it was the event prior to my departure to Taiwan. For the Last time .. this ain MY chaLet. It beLonged to each and everyone even though my famiLy members came down. ApoLogies to the many that I did not inform about the attendance ..

In anyway, organising for the first time was an experience. I wouLd Love to gather more feedback for another one in two years' time.

I appreciate the turnout .. and am gratefuL to those who heLped out to make this gathering a " success".. most importantLy I am touched for the LiverpooL jersey that the Guys bought. Itz by far the best Christmas present I had for years and years to come.

Stay tuned for the photo gaLore ..


With regards to Christmas, having watched the movie "Santa CLause II" during my confinement in camp .. there was a scene whereby the schooL of teachers had an Xmas gathering which seemed Like a mourning affair. It reminded me of us - typicaL Singaporeans.

As age brings us aLong with time, the power of fantasy subsides. Just Like the existence of Santa and the spirit of Xmas. Yes, we know, we aLL know that Santa is a myth. But it is no excuse to forsake the spirit of Xmas. Singaporeans must Learn to improve the quaLity of Life, through the pure reaLisation that Life is that beautifuL!

When I'm back, I promise, a bigger gathering for MayfLower .. and I wiLL make up for the sucky parts of it.

No comments: