Sunday, August 12, 2007

Friday tiL ....?

I have not mentioned, but there is a sweLL on my Left forearm which has been going for a week now. The name "Popeye" is going on for far too Long, that I have to make a trip to the hospitaL for a checkup.

So, at the hospitaL the doctor diagnosed me with some CeLLuLitis shit and recommend me to stay in untiL condition betters. My camp medics aLso push for it, and there I am, though right now I sneaked out to an internet cafe nearby coz boredom is getting into me. How worse can things be, staying over the weekend at the hospitaL, untiL who knows when ...

OriginaLLy I was entitLed to stay onLy in the 8-men ward coz that is what the camp wiLL pay for, but thankfuLLy that cLass had aLL been taken up. So the next cLass was the 2-men one. As I entered my "room", I saw two girLs ; one Lying on it and the other sitting beside. It was weird. But Later they toLd me the "reaL" patient was out gaming and they were his frenz. Okie, that made things more LogicaL. So at about past midnight I saw my roomate. He's a young Lad, too. One who got into a traffic accident yet doesnt Look at aLL Like it. WeLL we both have Lots of time to know each other ...

When I woke up this morning, I was waiting for breakfast. It din come. At noon, I waited for Lunch. It din come. So I caLLed for the nurse and asked. It was then I reaLised meaLs have to be indented and charged accordingLy. ALso, patients here are free to move anywhere as and when they Like, but itz necessary to inform the nurse-in-charge. ALright there goes a new Lesson and cuLture shock.

ALthough the iLLness is nothing serious, you know doctors, some simpLy Love cooking the worst scenarios even though your case might be one of the common ones. I wonder, are they saLesmen in disguise. Sorry Let me correct myseLf .. they are saLesmen! I dun buy their stories, but neither do I want to risk the most precious thing that is Life. And I think itz more than an honour that I've been getting visitors, first, my Department Head, a Lieutenant. Then came the Camp Commanding Officer, a Major. LastLy, juz when I went out of the hospitaL searching for my Lunch, the Camp Commander, a Lieutenant CoLoneL came and met not me but my roomie. Oh geez, my bad .. hope he understands, the hospitaLs here DO NOT provide food for their patients. There is aLso no pyjamas for you to sLeep soundLy. The many other campmates came in the evening to have dinner with me and pass me my stuff.

WeLL, seriousLy, peopLe associate hospitaLisation with much severity when in fact many are just there to make up for the empty wards and growing revenue for our dear doctors. Nuff said. They studied hard for that piece of paper. I din. The story ends here.

Right, I shouLd be going back to my bed soon, after I finish foLLowing my LiverpooL match.

I'm so much aLive and kicking Like you can see from this post so pLease, ease the worries. WouLd most probabLy discharge myseLf on Monday if they don't .. cya peopLe soon!

No comments: