Sunday, August 26, 2007

T4XI

After a fuLL week of pure work, a Saturday getaway was juz wat we needed. Went Kaohsiung city and caught Taxi 4 .. which turned out to be LargeLy disappointing.

The movie began weLL, with humour, a LittLe road action and a good introduction to the footbaLL mad city of MarseiLLe in France. I wun even have dozed off if they repLayed the whoLe segment for the rest of the 90 minutes. However, somewhere near the middLe of the movie, I drifted away .. no idea if it was due to fatigue but there were simpLy too much speech and too LittLe Taxi-in-act.

1 out of 5 popcorns .. yes, itz that poor. Expectation comes with excitment whereas faLLing short of the expectation turns excitment into no Less than juz disappointment. I reckon I made a great Loss out of the money I paid.

This day wasnt a good one too, we had two cars and ended up spending the day in separate ways due to miscommunication. On my car were aLL peopLe who dun even know the ways around the city, and we were pretty much "foLLowers". WeLL in order not to Let the day go into waste, and being the most "senior", I brought them to Carrefour to do some groceries before heading to an externaL isLand caLLed Cijin, where the Taiwanese peopLe go for seafood. Juz a pity, for seafood is simpLy not for me. I'm aLLergic to it since chiLdhood.

We met up the other car at past midnight in a Snooker centre and pretty much made it up. WeLL, we're guys and most things are easiLy resoLved.

At the end of the day, on our way back to camp, those on my car thanked me for bringing them to Cijin for the seafood. It was a good gesture.

The Gift of Giving

I can understand as to why and how come some peopLe are more appreciate to LittLe acts of goodwiLL than others. They must have "given" before as weLL.

In my car, they are the camp chefs. They wake earLy, they prepare breakfast. They cook, they wash the utensiLs. PeopLe who eat, wiLL juz eat and go. How many wiLL reaLLy think about how much effort has been put in to fiLL their stomachs? No, I'm not trying to say I do, but juz the reaLisation of something simpLe.

In giving, there comes no better gift than Learning how to appreciate many, many smaLL things that one may have taken for granted.

No comments: