Sunday, January 27, 2008

48 Hours

Weekends are wonderfuL. But what is considered fuLLy enjoying and utiLising them?

PersonaLLy I have had fuLL utiLisation of my own, doing sports, sports and ... erh .. sports. This week is no different, but its by far the onLy one time I got drained of energy so much so that I can doze off in seconds just by cLosing my eyes.

The Saturday was spent with two soccer matches, one in the morning and another in the afternoon. The morning match was with the peeps of my primary schooL. The noon one, was with a team coached by an ex-nationaL team pLayer who used to pLay aLongside Fandi Ahmad and David Lee during the MaLaysia Cup days in the 90s. His name is ZuLkifi .. now in his forties. I am reaLLy gLad and honoured to have the chance to train and Learn things from this man, a Legend. More pLeasing is getting nice words from a few peopLe there as itz not easy to be the onLy Chinese around.

At night I went on to M.O.S for Samantha's birthday bash. But this night was pretty cooL, met a few new peopLe who are decentLy friendLy and happy. ALso bumped into the notorious Phua Chu Kang Pte Ltd star Marcus Ng of whom was recentLy in the papers for the wrong reasons. This dude was my pLatoon mate during BMT and itz amazing he can stiLL recognise me. He gave me a fist-to-fist greeting with a hug and we taLked up a bit before I Left.

So darn Lucky to get a Lift from one of Sam's peeps, even Luckier to get the front seat coz I was the onLy guy and the five poor girLs had to squeeze at the back.

Knocked out from Lethargy for the next five hours before I awake for another soccer match on a good Sunday morning. This is to be the first match for The Greats FC of a new season but it weLL ended a 1-1 draw. Lunch and movie took the afternoon before a dinner cLosed my weekend and here I am, onLy haLf-aLive.

Come to think of it, I cant recaLL what eLse I have been doing other than so much sports. Life or no Life, it aLL depends on individuaL perceptions. To me, whats important is enjoying what you are doing. Dun Like, do aLso no point. It onLy spoiLs your own day.

The onLy sucky part of a weekend is the reminder that Monday is coming.

No comments: