Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Socks

On this Saturday, a good one, I stroLLed around Northpoint, together with the PFC peeps (primary schooLmates). We had juz finished the game of, weLL, what eLse - footbaLL.

We went into RoyaL Sporting House. Then, I thought of buying a pair of footbaLL socks. You know, those sexy ones that Looked Like woman stockings. And so, I stood at the socks compartment and using my more-than-a-decade-year-oLd experience in choosing soccer accessories, I picked this pair of Nike socks over my aLL-time brand, adidas.

Upon reaching home, I sat on my sofa and Laid the pair of socks on the coffee tabLe. I tore open the pLastic. I feLt the materiaL and was emphatic at my Latest acquisition because by touching, it had proven firstLy, that the socks are strong and secondLy, they have good eLasticity. At that moment, I am confident that my foresight is reaLLy good and I beLieve that I am a consumer with great tastes.

The coffee tabLe in my house has a wide range of generaL stuff ; tissue paper, pens, scissors, Lots of Letters and biLLs, coins etc.

Next thing in my mind was to remove the LittLe thing that attached both socks together, Like aLL other socks where every pair is bound by this LittLe thing. So confident was I that I can remove the LittLe thing by spLitting the two socks apart, I did it.

Yes, the LittLe thing came off, bringing strands of materiaL with it. It shouLdnt be no big deaL, I thought. And so I peeLed the materiaL. As I peeLed the materiaL, a LittLe hoLe appeared. I haLted, my confidence in that pair of socks on the sLow decLine inside of me. I peeLed again. The hoLe grew. ALright, it was then I picked up the bLoody scissors and cut off the materiaL.

I Looked at my Latest purchase, stoned. There Laid my purchase of good foresight and great taste, ending up with a hoLe in the body without even wearing it before! If onLy I used the scissors to cut off that LittLe thing in the first pLace.

Sometimes, we shouLd just be Less compLacent about certain things. No doubt some things are good, but the good has weak points too.

Damn my foLLy.

No comments: