Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Leap to New Year

Say sayonara to 2007. Leave the bad and regrets, Look forward.

At CLark Quay Last evening, the five of us were trying to find an ideaL pLace for booze and ceLebration. You know, as we stroLLed through those pubs and peopLe, I seriousLy feeL digusted. Those thick makeup and reveaLing cLothes with pop-out boobs that seem to drop anytime, and guys in a shirt and pants that hoLd a bottLe in their hands, this is their Life, not mine. I am juz one to be in berms and sandaLs. Thus, with the cover charge up at SG$32 (supposedLy SG$16 an hour ago), I decided not to join Renee and ALan but Left the pub with Michie and QiuLian to TCC. I beLieve that TCC is the perfect pLace for an oLd man Like me to spend the Leap to 2008 in a simpLe fashion. And so me and the two Ladies did.

PersonaLLy, being back a week ago is the right moment for me to see for myseLf many, many things. First, that somehow many things are not to be the same ever again. At 23, I have grown pretty much easier to accept reaLity.

The wedding dinner I attended two days back, it made me see the beautifuL side of Life, a bLissfuL marriage of two peopLe in Love. And that, itz easy to make everything happen, with money. Nowadays, smart girLs do not go for Looks anymore. Of coz it is a bonus to have a gorgeous husband, but not as important as having the security in aLL areas especiaLLy finance. ALright and so, as much as I Love to have a son, marriage is out of question for the moment, for the right person is not yet here, and that I have nothing as yet.

ResoLutions for the new year .. Like every year, to be a better man, but finaLLy I can vouch that 2008 wouLd be so much better than so many years that have passed.

I feeL free.

No comments: