Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Day 6, 7

Nothing much but taking fuLL day naps and evening footbaLLs. Went to Sengkang that evening and surprised the MaLays were on seeing me. As usuaL, everyone said I grew bigger.

On one particuLar day, I had taken train to Dhoby Ghaut for transfer to city haLL area. At Dhoby Ghaut whiLst reLaxing on the traveLator, I saw on those piLLars, the posters of current bLockbuster, Pirates of Carribean. And then I saw the foLLowing words in boLd on each and every one of them .. "WELCOME TO SINGAPORE" ...

That's one sentence Chow Yun Fatt had said in that movie, and amazingLy it seemed to be everything to whoever feeLs itz something. Ok .. itz good to be proud of Singapore but maybe not every LittLe thing ..

On the contrary, it couLd weLL be a tourism tooL used to teLL visitors our name is on the movie.

Itz a LittLe exaggerated though. I doubt the worLd wiLL even notice this one sentence so vividLy.

No comments: