Tuesday, August 17, 2004


Men - Born SeLfish?

Nike ReaL Run
Sunday morning, us, four in totaL, went for da Long awaited run - da ReaL Run @ Sentosa. Kandi was a Last minute repLacement for Leon who cudnt join us for da great event, and I bet he wiLL be reaL disappointed to hear dat we DID enjoy ourseLves. As usuaL, da Late was Late, and da earLy, earLy. Da bastard was there in da wee hours of dawn, having eggs, bread and butter whiLe I was taking my own sweet time traveLLing down to HarbourFront. Din expect such a BIG turnout, tens of thousands to be exact, and we did not expect much from da Run either. Off went da horn, but not us as we were stiLL stroLLing behind da starting Line aLong with some other haLf-asLeepers. Then came this siLLy idea of mine, to compLete da Run without stopping, and so we tried, for more haLf da course. Yet our pace eventuaLLy din aLLow us to run as a whoLe and in d' end I ran my own race, for I had onLy one goaL in mind - the Finish Line. So proud of myseLf! Din stop no run at aLL for da whoLe of my journey. Sometimes in Life, itz impossibLe to sLow down ur own course to accomodate for others, though seLfish, but datz juz reaLity ..

Sentosa
Met up wif da rest next. Saw Deb said hi .. Jaz saw me din say hi .. we had fun .. May fLew us kites .. and I had da baLL right into Persis' face!

Evening
Fireworks .. first officiaLLy decLared "I watched" fireworks .. fireworks - true beauty of da moment, thought short, they Lived to their fuLLest. And I suppose we shud juz Learn from them. Met Kase and her frenz .. got home and there goes.

Monday
Woke up feeLing da aftermath of run .. aches aLL around. Mom bought new fone in Sony Ericson's K700i .. great fone. Happy boy I was.

Steamboat
Got down Marina for steamboat .. was earLy bird .. da rest were Late .. ate to our heart's content. Got home. Shack. Kenneth to go NS next morning. Sad. Au revoir.

No comments: